(Updated June 2019) Google released a groundbreaking announcement for podcasters and unveiled its plans for Google Podcasts, a complete podcast ecosystem.
Google Podcasts – and its future updates – give podcasters the opportunity to do this possibly double their viewership by publishing on a variety of Google platforms: Google Search Results, Google Podcasts app, Google Voice assistant and last but not least, Google At home Equipment.
What does that mean?
This is big news for the audio field: Google is a giant that holds a huge market share for smartphone operating systems – the nudge? A lot of new potential listeners enter the podcasting market. Also, it doesn’t matter where you are. G Podcasts are available to anyone, anywhere – it’s completely independent of Google Play Music Service currently limited to the US and Canada only.
How do I submit my podcast to Google Podcasts?
Now that you know what a powerful tool Google Podcasts is. You want to know how to get indexed with it. Thankfully, Spreaker recently introduced our One click distribution systemThis is a quick and easy way to share your podcast with the platform.
How to get started:
- Log into your Spreaker account and select ‘dashboard‘from the drop-down menu in the top right, which will take you to the CMS page.
- Select the podcast that you want to distribute.
- In the Your Podcast section on the left, select Distribution.
- Click the down arrow next to Google Podcasts and choose Submit.
- Your podcast will then be reviewed by the Spreaker and Google teams. Please note that this process can take several days.
- Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email confirming whether your podcast has been accepted or declined.
If you want to read more about how it works, understand the guidelines, and learn how to optimize your podcast we have authored a manual to help you prepare as well as possible.
Get the manual now and don’t hesitate to share it with other podcasters out there!