Raya and the Last Dragon Blu-ray, DVD & Digital Details Released!
The epic adventure from Walt Disney Animation Studios Raya and the last dragon will be available from April 2nd on all major digital platforms and from May 18th on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD! The animated feature is currently being played in selected cinemas. The film is also available on Disney + Premier Access and will be available to all Disney + subscribers starting June 4, 2021. For more information on home releases, see below!
Contactless tickets – advance ticket sales and entry for mobile tickets at Fandango! – Back to the cinemas!
RELATED: CS Video: Co-Writer Adele Lim & Producer Osnat Shurer Talk Raya and the Last Dragon
Long ago, humans and dragons lived together in harmony in the fantasy world of Kumandra. But when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, the same monsters have returned and it is up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the last dragon to stop the Druun for good. On her journey, however, she will learn that it will take more than dragon magic to save the world – it will also take trust.
By the directors Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, the co-directors Paul Briggs and John Ripa, the producers Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho and the voices of Kelly Marie Tran (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) as Raya and Awkwafina (The good bye) as Sisu also belongs Gemma Chan (Captain Marvel) as Raya’s archenemy Namaari; Daniel Dae Kim (Hell boy) as Raya’s visionary father Benja; Sandra Oh (Kill Eve) as Namaari’s mighty mother, Virana; Benedict Wong (Doctor Strange) as Tong, a formidable giant; Izaac Wang as Boun, a 10 year old entrepreneur; Thalia Tran as the mischievous toddler Little Noi; Alan Tudyk (Harley Quinn) as Tuk Tuk, Raya’s best friend and loyal steed; Lucille Soong (Degrees off the boat) as Dang Hu, the leader of the land of Talon; Patti Harrison (Shrill) as chief of the tail country; and Ross Butler (To all the boys: PS I still love you) as chief of the spinal land.
RELATED: CS Video: Raya and the Final Dragon Filmmakers on Disney’s New Animated Adventure
Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus from Walt Disney Animation Studios Features:
• • Another introduction to us – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
• • We’ll be back – An older man and his young at heart wife kindle their passion for life on a magical night.
• • Taste of Raya – Dine with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team – virtually – over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
• • Raya: Bring it home – When the 2020 global pandemic hit, the production of Raya and the Last Dragon drew into the homes of over 450 people. We’ll open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to create an animated feature from home.
• • Martial artist – If you are co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. With S. Steve Arounsack sharing the inspiration for the movie’s action-packed elements, you can learn about the movie’s martial arts forms and weapons.
• • We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film … and how important this portrayal in a Disney animated film is to the people of the area.
• • Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the microphones of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they witness voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, making the recording of this movie unique.
• • Interesting facts & Easter eggs – Check out some of the hidden surprises and secrets behind the scenes of Raya and the Last Dragon.
• • The story behind the storyboard with John Ripa – Co-director John Ripa invites you to take a peek at his thought process as he sets up a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career at Disney Animation.
• • Deleted scenes
-Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from Raya and the last dragon.
-The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
-Escaping Namaari – Watch an early version of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
-Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword when it had magical powers.
-Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun, before he was the cook and captain of a shrimp boat.
-The Heart of the Dragon – Co-director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene that brought the theme of hope into the film.