We’re excited to announce that Spreaker Studio is the first podcasting app to be fully compatible and designed specifically for use with Chrome OS. Now you can enjoy all of our best podcasting tools right from your Chromebook.
Chrome OS is the operating system installed on the Google Chromebook. Chromebook was introduced 8 years ago and has grown rapidly since its inception. Around 17 million units are expected to be in use by 2023. Because of the affordable price of the products, Chromebooks are the computers of choice in education, and so are Chromebooks and other Google products in 2017 58% of all equipment purchased for US classrooms.
The perfect way to get students to podcast!
The remarkable presence of Google products in schools led us to bring Spreaker Studio and all of our podcasting tools to the Chrome OS operating system. Our features are specifically designed with simplicity in mind to make podcasts accessible to everyone. We hope that as our platform opens up to Chromebook users, podcasting will become increasingly integrated into the curriculum and more students will use podcasting as a creative medium.
What can Spreaker Studio do?
Spreaker Studio is our app for desktop and mobile and offers podcasters of all levels the ability to easily record, publish, distribute and analyze their podcasts. We offer podcasters flexibility at their fingertips: With our one-click distribution, you can record or go live, edit on the go or distribute quickly. Everything is possible and we support you on your journey. This ensures that you always have the latest tools and features to make your podcast sound amazing.
Install the Spreaker Studio app on your Chromebook
If you’re a Chromebook user and want to get started, How to set up Spreaker Studio on your computer!
If your Chromebook already supports Google Play apps:
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of Chrome – version 53 or higher.
- To check which version you are using, select the status Area or the the settings Tooth. Then choose Chrome OS information.
- If you don’t have the latest version of Chrome, click Check for updates and apply them by doing about Section and restart your computer.
- You are now ready to download Spreaker Studio – just search for “Spreaker Studio” in the Google Play Store!
If your Chromebook doesn’t support Google Play apps:
Even if you’re not running the latest version of Chrome, it’s relatively easy to set up. It does come with some risks, however, as you have to switch to the developer channel, which means you are more prone to bugs and software issues. Make sure you do your own research and get a clear picture of what exactly switching channels means. Once you are comfortable with the switch, here are some things you can do:
- Open that the settings cog to open the Chrome OS settings page.
- Choose Chrome OS information at the top of the page to check what version you are running on.
- click More info and then Change channel.
- You have two options here: Beta and Developer – Unstable, click Developer – Unstable and read the warning. If you want to continue, click Change channel.
- Let your computer update and then Start anew to make sure you are running on the new version.
- After restarting your computer, the Google Play Store (Beta) app will be in your Apps bar and you can download Spreaker Studio. Just search for “Spreaker Studio” in the store!
Best of all, once you’re up and running, you can access Spreaker Studio and everything it has to offer. You can also use our CMS which allows you to take advantage of advanced options like detailed statistics and our super easy monetization program.
Get ready to make your podcast better!